Honey Hot Chocolate for a Very Blusterous Day Outside
2 servings | 10 min.
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp unsweetened raw cocoa
- 2 tbsp raw (local) honey
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- pinch of coarse salt (not table salt)
- Stir and simmer the water, cocoa, and salt over low heat for 2 minutes or until smoooth.
- Add honey and milk.
- When it is very hot and before it boils, remove from the heat and serve.
Optional: If feeling spunky, stir a drop or two of peppermint extract or sprinkle some cinnamon into the mixture before serving. Or add a peppermint stick to stir with for a Christmas-y feeling.
Original: The Winnie-the-Pooh Cookbook, p. 17