Raw Chocolate and Raspberry Mousse Cake
10 servings | 15 min. (+4 hrs. chilling)
- 1 ½ cup Medjool dates
- 1 ½ cup raw almonds
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Mousse filling
- 3 large ripe but firm avocados
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup (local) honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ½ cup frozen raspberries, crumbled, to top
- To make the base, place the dates, almonds and cacao in a food processor and process until you have a fine crumble.
- Add the coconut oil and process until combined.
- Line a cake tin (with a removable base) with baking paper. Press the base into the bottom of the cake tin ad set aside in the fridge.
- Put the avocado flesh, cocoa, maple syrup, and vanilla in a food processor and puree until very smooth, scraping down the sides occasionally.
- Place one cup of frozen raspberries and cacao nibs into the mixture and blitz for a couple of seconds.
- Scoop the mixture into the cake tin on top of the prepared base.
- Decorate the top with ½ cup of raspberries.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap, and chill for at least 4 hours or until set.
- Place in the freezer. Remove from freezer and allow to soften a little before serving.