Coconut Oil Biscuits
12 biscuits | 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil (room temperature)
- ¾ cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add coconut oil to dry mix and cut into mixture until the texture is similar to fine crumbs. Stir in the milk until a soft dough that no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl is formed. Knead the dough until combined, but do not over-knead.
- Turn the dough out onto a cutting board that has been lightly dusted with flour and gently roll into a ½ in. thickness. Use a biscuit cutter (or other item that can create a 2 in. circle) to cut out the biscuits and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the biscuits have risen and ever so slightly begin to brown on top. Remove and serve immediately.