Random thoughts of the present and beyond
As of late, I haven’t had much capacity for thoughts outside my little work bubble. I know I should have written a few times, but everything in my head is a jumble. Here are some random thoughts and happenings I’ll share:
- My dogs like to eat snow.
- Taxes suck, especially when you have special circumstances.
- I want a summer break like we used to have in school.
- I have so many things to do I have no idea where to start.
- I am currently involved in three large projects and performing two full jobs, one of them being two jobs combined (luckily I was able to eliminate some aspects of the original one). Things are getting tight, and work days are way too short.
- Strangers should not go around asking when you are moving out so they can move in. Even creepier: she knew how long we had been there, about how much rent we pay, and our general situation. Just plain rude.
- Herr got a role in the local production of Sound of Music. Congratulations!!
- I have several bosses. I never know who I am supposed to speak with (although one is leaving).
- I am trying desperately to get back into the Web design swing of things. I am now reading 9 feeds and some library ones on top of the dozen listservs I barely read (people are so wordy).
- I need a new computer something fierce. I need my Adobe software, and it just doesn’t work on this one.
- My brother and sister-in-law are moving back to the States. That leaves just me, Herr, and the dogs in Europe.
- My parents are visiting in three weeks, and I still need to figure out that trip. Yikes!
- I have been trying to read like mad. I finished several books in the last month and have started The Count of Monte Cristo and Howl’s Moving Castle.
- I would still really like to go back to school for graphic design so I can make faster and better decisions about Web design. I would also like to understand German and French better, seeing as they are very useful languages here… I need to try that listening-in-your-sleep trick to learning. Time saver if it works.
- I feel like I need more sleep and exercise, even though I get 6-8 hours of sleep and go to the gym several times a week.
- I want a vacation to a beach! With warm weather!
2 thoughts on “Random thoughts of the present and beyond”
Oh Amy it does suck to grow up doesn’t it? I would like a vacation at the beach also since it is still winter here. You will have fun with your mom and dad there and you know it just don’t sweat it cause the stress is not worth it!
You only grow up as fast as you want to. 😉 Definitely doing what I can to not let it get to me. Only two more days until they are here!
Comments are closed.